New York University, Tisch School of the Arts 09/2014 - 05/2016
Master’s Degree, Interactive Telecommunications Program
Thesis: P5 Playground – a tool to help people learn creative programming faster.
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) 09/2010 - 06/2014
Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering Technology
Thesis: Tangible Interaction to help children learn programming.
- HCI/UX Research: task analysis, user research, prototyping, literature review, field observation, heuristic evaluation.
- Design: Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere.
- Prototyping: Eagle CAD, Processing, Arduino, 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC.
Sourcemap 2017– Present
- Write scalable front-end and database code in an agile manner, create data visualizations of supply chain maps and analytics dashboard. Work on Angular2, Angular1, Mongo, Node, Express.
Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP), NYU 08/2016 – Present
- Develop web applications for educational purposes in the ITP community (e.g. ITP Thesis Archive, ITP Project Finder, ICM Quizzes).
- Contribute to several Processing Foundation projects like the p5.js Web Editor built on a MERN stack (MongoDB, Express, React/Redux, and Node).
- Independent research: developing learning and programming tools that visualize the code to help people debug faster and understand programming better.
Green River 08/2016 – 12/2016
- Design and develop web Interfaces for various data visualization projects with D3.js, React, Sass and Babel.
Institute of Fine Arts, NYU 09/2015 – 08/2016
Front End Web Engineer and Designer
- Designed and maintained features for the IFA’s website with a static web stack- JS, JQuery, D3.js, PHP, WordPress.
- Developed an engaging data-visualization to reactively browse the dissertations archive of IFA.
- Designed and developed an interactive data visualization project mapping all IFA alumni from all over the world.
Tomorrow Lab 06/2015 – 09/2015
Electronics Design Engineer Intern
- Work on the design and engineering aspects on a number of client-based and in-house projects. Responsibilities included research, designing circuits using Eagle CAD, sourcing materials, prototype development, fabrication, electrical engineering support.
Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) Camp 05/2015 - 06/2015
- Instructor for various creative coding, prototyping and digital fabrication courses.
HCI Lab, Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences 07/2013 - 01/2014
Research assistant | Project: TanPro-Kit—an innovative tangible tool to help children learn programming concepts
- Designed and conducted a user study using caricatures and stories to introduce concepts. Also designed and built a tangible sensor-based interface to allow kids to understand flow-of-control, logic and other similar concepts
State Key Lab of Information Photonics and Optical Communication, BUPT 04/2013 - 06/2013
Research Assistant | Project: OpenFlow-based SDN model
- Designed and implemented a user interface, which presents easy to navigate network topology, states and information of in real time and provides a streamlined and effective control panel for network admins.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Tisch School of the Arts Scholarship, NYU
- Academic Prize for Progress, BUPT (99 percentile)
- BUPT Academic Scholarship (two-time recipient for the third position)